The journey through the criminal justice system can be daunting, and a small misstep can significantly alter the course of your life. When faced with criminal charges, you need a dedicated advocate in your corner, someone who will stand by you and champion your rights. With a breadth of extensive experience that encompasses all California state crimes, The Law Office of Jovanni S. Garcia is your go-to firm for criminal defense in Stockton and throughout the Central Valley.
California’s criminal law system is known for its complexities. It encompasses various offenses each carrying potential life-changing repercussions.
- Violent Crimes: Crimes such as homicide, robbery, assault, and battery. They are often treated with severe penalties, including imprisonment, fines, and probation.
- DUI and other Driving Under the Influence: Crimes including boating under the influence and driving under the influence of drugs. These charges can have a sever impact on your ability to drive a car.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic disputes can have a devastating impact on your family life. These charges may also impact your parental rights and your ability to raise your children.
- Burglary: The unlawful entry into a building or structure with the intent to commit theft or any felony therein
- Gang-related Crimes: Acts committed by members of organized gangs such as violence, drug trafficking, or other criminal activities.
- Drug Offenses: Range from possession and trafficking to manufacturing and distribution. Certain drug possession felonies are reclassified as misdemeanors, impacting the legal landscape.
- Driving Infractions: Violations of traffic laws such as speeding, running red lights, and driving without a valid license.
- Fraud: Encompasses acts of deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain such as credit card fraud, identity theft, and insurance fraud.
- Juvenile Crimes: Offenses committed by individuals under the age of 18. Common juvenile offenses include vandalism and theft.
Criminal Defense Strategies
A charge does not equate to a conviction. Every individual has Constitutional Rights and the right to a robust defense. The key is understanding the nuances of the California criminal law system and leveraging this knowledge to formulate a comprehensive defense strategy.
- Innocence: The defense may present evidence that contradicts the prosecution’s claims or identifies an alibi.
- Self-Defense: Arguing that any actions taken were necessary to protect oneself or others from imminent harm.
- Duress: The accused committed the crime under threat or coercion from another individual.
- Constitutional Violations: If the defendant’s rights were violated during the arrest or investigation (such as illegal searches or forced confessions), the defense might argue that the evidence obtained should be suppressed.
Whether you face violent crime charges, drug offenses, or theft charges, Mr. Garcia’s meticulous approach ensures that every possible defense avenue is explored. Contact The Law Office of Jovanni S Garcia today and start building your defense.